Corps soliciting bids for debris removal in Smithville
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2011
SMITHVILLE — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), Vicksburg District, is receiving bids for clean-up efforts at Smithville, which was wiped out by a tornado resulting in 15 fatalities.
The solicitation number for this particular incident is: W912EE-11-T-0011.
Responses will only be received from small businesses located in Monroe County or primarily doing business in Monroe County.
The work consists of debris removal and disposal from public and private property in Smithville. The Corps strongly encourages those eligible to submit a proposal.
The debris removal is presently only scheduled for the city of Smithville.
Proposals must be submitted to the Vicksburg District Contracting Office, 4155 East Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS, no later than May 9 at 4 p.m.
The solicitation, statement of work, and wage determination can be found online at http://www.fedbizops.gov.
Questions regarding the solicitation must be in writing and may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
Source: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams