Corps soliciting bids for debris removal in Smithville
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2011
SMITHVILLE — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), Vicksburg District, is receiving bids for clean-up efforts at Smithville, which was wiped out by a tornado resulting in 15 fatalities.
The solicitation number for this particular incident is: W912EE-11-T-0011.
Responses will only be received from small businesses located in Monroe County or primarily doing business in Monroe County.
The work consists of debris removal and disposal from public and private property in Smithville. The Corps strongly encourages those eligible to submit a proposal.
The debris removal is presently only scheduled for the city of Smithville.
Proposals must be submitted to the Vicksburg District Contracting Office, 4155 East Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS, no later than May 9 at 4 p.m.
The solicitation, statement of work, and wage determination can be found online at http://www.fedbizops.gov.
Questions regarding the solicitation must be in writing and may be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Source: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar