Farm Bureau providing relief to uninsured members
by For the MBJ
Published: May 8,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation announced that Farm Bureau members who sustained uninsured agriculture-related losses from the April 2011 tornadoes and May-June 2011 river flooding are eligible for disaster relief funds from the Mississippi Farm Bureau Foundation and Relief Fund.
“We understand that many of our members have had their entire lives changed by the recent tornadoes and river flooding,” said Farm Bureau President Randy Knight. “We want to do whatever we can to help ease their losses.”
Anyone interested in donating to the relief fund can do so by sending a tax deductible contribution made out to the MFB Foundation and Relief Fund Inc. Attn: Mary Turner, P. O. Box 1972, Jackson, MS 39215-1972.
Farm Bureau members who wish to apply for funds from the Relief Fund should visit the Mississippi Farm Bureau web site at www.msfb.org and download the application. Applications are also available at any county Farm Bureau office.
Source: Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways