Keeping our eye on: Patrick Chaney
Published: May 8,2011
Education: BA in communication, Mississippi State University
Current Position: Director of marketing & communication, Crossgates River Oaks Hospital
“My dad was a doctor and I was always asked (if I wanted to do) that growing up,” Patrick Chaney says.
Being the son of a physician, the Amory native says he knew that he wanted a job in the healthcare industry but was always more interested in the administrative side. “Regardless of how the government mandates healthcare, people will always need it,” Chaney says.
As the communication director for Crossgates River Oaks Hospital in Brandon, Chaney handles marketing for the 149-bed hospital, educating the public on all the facility has to offer from its Care+ medical clinics to the state’s only burn center.
A member of Pi Kappa Alpha while at MSU, Chaney wrote for the campus newspaper and was a volunteer for Henry Ross for Congress. After graduation he worked at Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson then for the division office of CMMC’s parent company Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA).
“I can literally do something different every single day,” Chaney says. This can include anything from health awareness event planning with the Mississippi Heart Association to a marketing campaign with the Mississippi Braves. “I just love being able to have the freedom to go and do what I think would continue to improve awareness for the hospital,” he says. Chaney is a member of the Mississippi Hospital Association, the Public Relations Association of Mississippi and is on the 2011 board of directors for the Mississippi chapter of the American Advertising Federation.
Must-have Mississippi food: Walker’s Drive-In
Favorite Hangout: The Junction in Starkville
Favorite TV Show: “24”
Favorite Movie: “Shooter”
Favorite Band: The Rolling Stones
Last book read: “The Fall of the House of Zues”
First job ever: Tubb Landscaping in Amory
Best role model: My dad, Pat Chaney
Dream job: Professional motocross driver
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove