Ward practicing at UMMC
Dr. M. Stanton Ward, an associate professor of medicine and an orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training and sub-specialization in spine surgery, has joined University of Mississippi Health Care. His practice is focused on adult decompressive and reconstructive spine surgery for degenerative and traumatic conditions as well as deformity, with an emphasis on minimally invasive approaches. Ward was previously in private practice at Pinnacle Orthopedics in Marietta, Ga.
A summa cum laude graduate of Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., Ward earned the M.D. and the Ph.D. at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York.
He completed an orthopedic surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency training at Columbia’s St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital. During those years, he also had residency training in pediatric orthopedics at the A. I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.; musculoskeletal oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York; and, burn intensive care unit/plastic surgery at Jacobi Hospital in New York. He completed a spine surgery fellowship at the Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Medical Center in 2007.
He has also completed additional training in minimally invasive spine surgery with neurosurgeon Dr. Anthony Salerni at the Northeast Institute for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. He is the first surgeon in Mississippi to become a member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Ward practicing at UMMC”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)