PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — According to Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton), the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined The A Group Marketing, LLC, and United Unlimited Warranties, LLC, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Franklin United of Ferndale, Mich., a total of $100,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley added.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey