PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — According to Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton), the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined The A Group Marketing, LLC, and United Unlimited Warranties, LLC, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Franklin United of Ferndale, Mich., a total of $100,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley added.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal