PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — According to Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton), the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined The A Group Marketing, LLC, and United Unlimited Warranties, LLC, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Franklin United of Ferndale, Mich., a total of $100,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley added.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams