PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — According to Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton), the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined The A Group Marketing, LLC, and United Unlimited Warranties, LLC, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Franklin United of Ferndale, Mich., a total of $100,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley added.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics