PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations
JACKSON — According to Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton), the Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined The A Group Marketing, LLC, and United Unlimited Warranties, LLC, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Franklin United of Ferndale, Mich., a total of $100,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Presley said the companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the list.
Company representatives failed to respond to the Commission’s complaint, Presley added.
Source: Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PSC fines telemarketers $100,000 for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month