Sandbags in place, Riverwalk Casino remains open
by For the MBJ
Published: May 10,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still open and receiving guests. The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the floodwaters, but there are no plans to close as of yesterday.
Riverwalk said it is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of its guests and team members as well as to protect its property from damage.
Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk, said, “Our team is in great spirits right now. In fact, when we expanded our sandbag walls last week in order to provide additional protection from the water, our associates decided to come out this past weekend and have a ‘paint party’ to make the walls more attractive.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters