Sandbags in place, Riverwalk Casino remains open
by For the MBJ
Published: May 10,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still open and receiving guests. The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the floodwaters, but there are no plans to close as of yesterday.
Riverwalk said it is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of its guests and team members as well as to protect its property from damage.
Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk, said, “Our team is in great spirits right now. In fact, when we expanded our sandbag walls last week in order to provide additional protection from the water, our associates decided to come out this past weekend and have a ‘paint party’ to make the walls more attractive.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues