Sandbags in place, Riverwalk Casino remains open
by For the MBJ
Published: May 10,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still open and receiving guests. The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the floodwaters, but there are no plans to close as of yesterday.
Riverwalk said it is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of its guests and team members as well as to protect its property from damage.
Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk, said, “Our team is in great spirits right now. In fact, when we expanded our sandbag walls last week in order to provide additional protection from the water, our associates decided to come out this past weekend and have a ‘paint party’ to make the walls more attractive.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference