Sandbags in place, Riverwalk Casino remains open
by For the MBJ
Published: May 10,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still open and receiving guests. The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the floodwaters, but there are no plans to close as of yesterday.
Riverwalk said it is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of its guests and team members as well as to protect its property from damage.
Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk, said, “Our team is in great spirits right now. In fact, when we expanded our sandbag walls last week in order to provide additional protection from the water, our associates decided to come out this past weekend and have a ‘paint party’ to make the walls more attractive.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist