Sandbags in place, Riverwalk Casino remains open
by For the MBJ
Published: May 10,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still open and receiving guests. The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the floodwaters, but there are no plans to close as of yesterday.
Riverwalk said it is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of its guests and team members as well as to protect its property from damage.
Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk, said, “Our team is in great spirits right now. In fact, when we expanded our sandbag walls last week in order to provide additional protection from the water, our associates decided to come out this past weekend and have a ‘paint party’ to make the walls more attractive.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings