Another riverboat casino closes due to rising Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: May 11,2011
VICKSBURG — Rainbow Casino announced yesterday that the casino has received an emergency order from the Mississippi Gaming Commission to close the casino as of today at 4 a.m. until floodwaters recede.
“As the Mississippi River continues to rise the Gaming Commission has ordered the casino to close,” said Paul Avery, Rainbow Casinos’ vice president and general manager. “We encourage all residents to stay safe and remain in close contact with local officials regarding road closures and evacuations.”
Source: Rainbow Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail