Another riverboat casino closes due to rising Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: May 11,2011
VICKSBURG — Rainbow Casino announced yesterday that the casino has received an emergency order from the Mississippi Gaming Commission to close the casino as of today at 4 a.m. until floodwaters recede.
“As the Mississippi River continues to rise the Gaming Commission has ordered the casino to close,” said Paul Avery, Rainbow Casinos’ vice president and general manager. “We encourage all residents to stay safe and remain in close contact with local officials regarding road closures and evacuations.”
Source: Rainbow Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November