Another riverboat casino closes due to rising Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: May 11,2011
VICKSBURG — Rainbow Casino announced yesterday that the casino has received an emergency order from the Mississippi Gaming Commission to close the casino as of today at 4 a.m. until floodwaters recede.
“As the Mississippi River continues to rise the Gaming Commission has ordered the casino to close,” said Paul Avery, Rainbow Casinos’ vice president and general manager. “We encourage all residents to stay safe and remain in close contact with local officials regarding road closures and evacuations.”
Source: Rainbow Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom