Another riverboat casino closes due to rising Mississippi
by For the MBJ
Published: May 11,2011
VICKSBURG — Rainbow Casino announced yesterday that the casino has received an emergency order from the Mississippi Gaming Commission to close the casino as of today at 4 a.m. until floodwaters recede.
“As the Mississippi River continues to rise the Gaming Commission has ordered the casino to close,” said Paul Avery, Rainbow Casinos’ vice president and general manager. “We encourage all residents to stay safe and remain in close contact with local officials regarding road closures and evacuations.”
Source: Rainbow Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand