Callon Petroleum reports net income increase
by For the MBJ
Published: May 11,2011
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company reports net income of $4.2 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, compared to net income of $3.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2010.
Highlights of meaningful events thus far in 2011 include:
• Completed a public equity offering of common stock which resulted in net proceeds to the company of $73.8 million. The proceeds will partially fund an expanded onshore drilling program in the Permian Basin and has funded the redemption of a portion of our Senior Notes due 2016.
• Reduced the company’s long-term debt outstanding by approximately 22 percent following the redemption of $31 million face value of senior notes, which will reduce 2011 cash interest expense by approximately $3.2 million and $4 million for each additional full year through the notes maturity in 2016.
• Named a new vice president and general manager – Permian Basin Operations and continued to add to our experienced staff to implement and enhance our operational and financial objectives related to our new onshore strategy.
In addition, Regions Bank has agreed to increase the company’s borrowing base from $30 million to $45 million under the company’s $100-million senior secured credit agreement. Regions also agreed to other improved terms based upon the amounts drawn on the facility. The $45-million borrowing base will be reviewed and re-determined on a semi-annual basis. There are no borrowings outstanding under the credit agreement, which matures Sept. 25, 2012.
“This increase continues to demonstrate Region’s confidence in our operations strategy, our oil and gas assets and our strengthened balance sheet. With $54 million of cash as of the end of the first quarter and the new $45 million borrowing base, we are well positioned to finance new opportunities to expand and grow the company,” said Bobby F. Weatherly, executive vice president and CFO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot