Riverwalk Casino does not plan to close despite rising river
by For the MBJ
Published: May 13,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still in operation despite the rising Mississippi River. And the gaming venue says it does not plan to close.
“Riverwalk plans to remain open for the duration of the flooding crisis, barring unforeseen developments,” says Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk.
The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the flood waters, but there are no current plans for closure.
“Our team is in great spirits,” says Long. “Everyone is working together to make sure we’re providing the same great atmosphere of fun and entertainment our guests expect.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!