Riverwalk Casino does not plan to close despite rising river
by For the MBJ
Published: May 13,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still in operation despite the rising Mississippi River. And the gaming venue says it does not plan to close.
“Riverwalk plans to remain open for the duration of the flooding crisis, barring unforeseen developments,” says Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk.
The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the flood waters, but there are no current plans for closure.
“Our team is in great spirits,” says Long. “Everyone is working together to make sure we’re providing the same great atmosphere of fun and entertainment our guests expect.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability