Riverwalk Casino does not plan to close despite rising river
by For the MBJ
Published: May 13,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still in operation despite the rising Mississippi River. And the gaming venue says it does not plan to close.
“Riverwalk plans to remain open for the duration of the flooding crisis, barring unforeseen developments,” says Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk.
The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the flood waters, but there are no current plans for closure.
“Our team is in great spirits,” says Long. “Everyone is working together to make sure we’re providing the same great atmosphere of fun and entertainment our guests expect.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex