Riverwalk Casino does not plan to close despite rising river
by For the MBJ
Published: May 13,2011
VICKSBURG — Riverwalk Casino Hotel is still in operation despite the rising Mississippi River. And the gaming venue says it does not plan to close.
“Riverwalk plans to remain open for the duration of the flooding crisis, barring unforeseen developments,” says Rob Long, general manager at Riverwalk.
The casino said it has a detailed plan in place should it be required to close in response to the flood waters, but there are no current plans for closure.
“Our team is in great spirits,” says Long. “Everyone is working together to make sure we’re providing the same great atmosphere of fun and entertainment our guests expect.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill