Hospital names new directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2011
Madison River Oaks Medical Center is pleased to announce the addition of five new directors in anticipation of the opening of its new hospital in May 2011. Linda Dunigan, RN, assistant administrator has over 25 years of healthcare experience. She earned her nursing degree from Boise State University and holds a master’s degree in healthcare administration from Tulane University, as well as a doctorate degree in healthcare administration from Warren National University. She has previously held positions as CEO for Guardian Angel Hospice Care for Children Inc., CEO for Guardian Angel “Special Needs Developmental Center” Inc. and vice president of Neo-Ventures Health Services.
Thomas Cobb, Pharm.D., director of pharmacy, with over 13 years of healthcare experience, received his doctor of pharmacy from Samford University and completed a primary care specialty residency at the Medical Center of Columbus Regional Healthcare System in Columbus, Ga. Prior to joining Madison River Oaks Medical Center; Cobb held positions as regional account director and clinical director for Cardinal Health-Pharmacy Management. He has published numerous pharmacy-related articles and newsletters, and is a member of the Mississippi Society of Health System Pharmacy, the Mississippi College of Clinical Pharmacist and the American College of Clinical Pharmacist.
With nearly 25 years of healthcare experience, Elizabeth Gasson, RN, director of perioperative services, received her bachelor of science in nursing from Georgia Southern University and her master of science in nursing from the University of Mississippi. Prior to joining Madison River Oaks Medical Center, she served as the clinical director at River Oaks Hospital. Gasson is a member of the AORN, Advanced Technology Specialty Assembly and elected the governing council of the Leadership Specialty Assembly.
Kim Wade, director of health information management, has more than 10 years of healthcare experience. Wade currently has certifications in both CCS and RHIT.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Hospital names new directors”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19