Ratcliff reaches career goal
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2011
J. Tedrick Ratcliff Jr. has been named the executive vice president of the 73-year-old Mississippi Forestry Association. Ratcliff, a native of Brookhaven, currently serves as admissions coordinator/recruiter of the Colleges of Agriculture and Life Sciences & Forest Resources at Mississippi State University.
When Ratcliff won the Outstanding Youth Forestry Achievement Award given annually by the Mississippi Forestry Association he publicly stated that his career plans included becoming the executive vice president of the Mississippi Forestry Association.
Ratcliff is a registered forester with the Mississippi Board of Registered Foresters and a certified prescribed burn manager through the Mississippi Forestry Commission. He holds memberships in the Mississippi Forestry Association, Lincoln County Forestry Association and the Society of American Foresters.
At Mississippi State University Ratcliff serves on the College of Forest Resources Scholarship Committee, the Future of Student Housing Planning Group, Professional and Support Staff Advisory Council and Spirit of State Selection Committee.
Ratcliff has a bachelor of science degree in forestry/forest management and an MBA, both from Mississippi State University. He is the recipient of a Spirit of State Award, the university’s premier student award that recognizes exceptional personal contributions to student life at Mississippi State; Outstanding Forestry Undergraduate Award; Mississippi State University College of Forest Resources Alumni Leadership Award; and, the MSU Department of Forestry Leadership Award. While an undergraduate student he served two years as president of the MSU Society of American Foresters student chapter. During that time the chapter was selected the Outstanding Student Chapter in the nation.
Ratcliff will begin his position with the Mississippi Forestry Association in late May.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year