Williams named WCU nursing dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2011
Dr. Janet Williams has been named as the new dean of the Joseph and Nancy Fail School of Nursing at William Carey University. Williams has served in the school of nursing for over 20 years as a teacher and administrator and most recently as acting dean.
Williams received a B.S. in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MSN in adult health nursing from University of Alabama in Birmingham, an MBA from University of South Alabama and a Ph.D. in educational leadership from USM. As an RN with licensure in Mississippi and Louisiana, she held various positions before coming to WCU. She worked as a critical care supervisor at the Doctor’s Hospital in Mobile, as an instructor at Providence School of Nursing in Mobile, as a sales representative for Norwich Eaton Pharmaceuticals, as a critical care consultant and educator at University of South Alabama Medical Center, as director of education and quality assurance at Gulf Coast Medical Center in Gulfport and as a staff nurse at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport, among other positions.
In 1990, Williams began her career at WCU on the Tradition campus as an associate professor and the nursing program director. In addition to nursing, she also taught classes in the MBA program. In 2009, she was named associate dean of nursing for WCU’s Mississippi campuses, and in 2010, was named acting dean for WCU school of nursing programs on all campuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Williams named WCU nursing dean”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren