Williams named WCU nursing dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2011
Dr. Janet Williams has been named as the new dean of the Joseph and Nancy Fail School of Nursing at William Carey University. Williams has served in the school of nursing for over 20 years as a teacher and administrator and most recently as acting dean.
Williams received a B.S. in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MSN in adult health nursing from University of Alabama in Birmingham, an MBA from University of South Alabama and a Ph.D. in educational leadership from USM. As an RN with licensure in Mississippi and Louisiana, she held various positions before coming to WCU. She worked as a critical care supervisor at the Doctor’s Hospital in Mobile, as an instructor at Providence School of Nursing in Mobile, as a sales representative for Norwich Eaton Pharmaceuticals, as a critical care consultant and educator at University of South Alabama Medical Center, as director of education and quality assurance at Gulf Coast Medical Center in Gulfport and as a staff nurse at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport, among other positions.
In 1990, Williams began her career at WCU on the Tradition campus as an associate professor and the nursing program director. In addition to nursing, she also taught classes in the MBA program. In 2009, she was named associate dean of nursing for WCU’s Mississippi campuses, and in 2010, was named acting dean for WCU school of nursing programs on all campuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Williams named WCU nursing dean”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job