Williams named WCU nursing dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2011
Dr. Janet Williams has been named as the new dean of the Joseph and Nancy Fail School of Nursing at William Carey University. Williams has served in the school of nursing for over 20 years as a teacher and administrator and most recently as acting dean.
Williams received a B.S. in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MSN in adult health nursing from University of Alabama in Birmingham, an MBA from University of South Alabama and a Ph.D. in educational leadership from USM. As an RN with licensure in Mississippi and Louisiana, she held various positions before coming to WCU. She worked as a critical care supervisor at the Doctor’s Hospital in Mobile, as an instructor at Providence School of Nursing in Mobile, as a sales representative for Norwich Eaton Pharmaceuticals, as a critical care consultant and educator at University of South Alabama Medical Center, as director of education and quality assurance at Gulf Coast Medical Center in Gulfport and as a staff nurse at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport, among other positions.
In 1990, Williams began her career at WCU on the Tradition campus as an associate professor and the nursing program director. In addition to nursing, she also taught classes in the MBA program. In 2009, she was named associate dean of nursing for WCU’s Mississippi campuses, and in 2010, was named acting dean for WCU school of nursing programs on all campuses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Williams named WCU nursing dean”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital