Feds give approval for Hancock-Whitney merger
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company reports it has received all federal regulatory approvals required under the merger agreement in connection with its proposed merger of Whitney Holding Corporation.
The closing of the merger is expected to be effective as of June 4.
Upon completion of the transaction, the combined company is expected to be the 32nd largest bank holding company headquartered in the United States, with approximately $20 billion in total assets, $16 billion in deposits, $12 billion in loans, over 300 branches, nearly 400 ATMs and almost 5,000 employees across the five contiguous states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Source: Hancock Holding
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency