Feds give approval for Hancock-Whitney merger
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company reports it has received all federal regulatory approvals required under the merger agreement in connection with its proposed merger of Whitney Holding Corporation.
The closing of the merger is expected to be effective as of June 4.
Upon completion of the transaction, the combined company is expected to be the 32nd largest bank holding company headquartered in the United States, with approximately $20 billion in total assets, $16 billion in deposits, $12 billion in loans, over 300 branches, nearly 400 ATMs and almost 5,000 employees across the five contiguous states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Source: Hancock Holding
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015