Feds give approval for Hancock-Whitney merger
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company reports it has received all federal regulatory approvals required under the merger agreement in connection with its proposed merger of Whitney Holding Corporation.
The closing of the merger is expected to be effective as of June 4.
Upon completion of the transaction, the combined company is expected to be the 32nd largest bank holding company headquartered in the United States, with approximately $20 billion in total assets, $16 billion in deposits, $12 billion in loans, over 300 branches, nearly 400 ATMs and almost 5,000 employees across the five contiguous states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Source: Hancock Holding
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way