Feds give approval for Hancock-Whitney merger
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company reports it has received all federal regulatory approvals required under the merger agreement in connection with its proposed merger of Whitney Holding Corporation.
The closing of the merger is expected to be effective as of June 4.
Upon completion of the transaction, the combined company is expected to be the 32nd largest bank holding company headquartered in the United States, with approximately $20 billion in total assets, $16 billion in deposits, $12 billion in loans, over 300 branches, nearly 400 ATMs and almost 5,000 employees across the five contiguous states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Source: Hancock Holding
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal