Atmos Energy sells distribution assets in three states
JACKSON — Atmos Energy Corporation has executed a definitive agreement to sell all of its natural gas distribution assets located in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa to Liberty Energy (Midstates) Corporation, an affiliate of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., for an all cash price of approximately $124 million, with the agreement containing usual terms and conditions customary for transactions of this type, including typical adjustments to the purchase price, if applicable.
The transaction will include the transfer of approximately 84,000 meters and is expected to close in fiscal 2012, after the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals. These predominantly residential and commercial meters represent less than three percent of Atmos Energy’s three million natural gas customers.
The proceeds from this transaction will be redeployed to fund growth opportunities in other jurisdictions we serve. Upon closing this transaction,
Atmos Energy will reduce the number of states in which it operates from twelve to nine, with approximately 80 percent of its utility operations in the three states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Source: Atmos Energy
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015