Atmos Energy sells distribution assets in three states
JACKSON — Atmos Energy Corporation has executed a definitive agreement to sell all of its natural gas distribution assets located in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa to Liberty Energy (Midstates) Corporation, an affiliate of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., for an all cash price of approximately $124 million, with the agreement containing usual terms and conditions customary for transactions of this type, including typical adjustments to the purchase price, if applicable.
The transaction will include the transfer of approximately 84,000 meters and is expected to close in fiscal 2012, after the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals. These predominantly residential and commercial meters represent less than three percent of Atmos Energy’s three million natural gas customers.
The proceeds from this transaction will be redeployed to fund growth opportunities in other jurisdictions we serve. Upon closing this transaction,
Atmos Energy will reduce the number of states in which it operates from twelve to nine, with approximately 80 percent of its utility operations in the three states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Source: Atmos Energy
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal