Atmos Energy sells distribution assets in three states
JACKSON — Atmos Energy Corporation has executed a definitive agreement to sell all of its natural gas distribution assets located in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa to Liberty Energy (Midstates) Corporation, an affiliate of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., for an all cash price of approximately $124 million, with the agreement containing usual terms and conditions customary for transactions of this type, including typical adjustments to the purchase price, if applicable.
The transaction will include the transfer of approximately 84,000 meters and is expected to close in fiscal 2012, after the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals. These predominantly residential and commercial meters represent less than three percent of Atmos Energy’s three million natural gas customers.
The proceeds from this transaction will be redeployed to fund growth opportunities in other jurisdictions we serve. Upon closing this transaction,
Atmos Energy will reduce the number of states in which it operates from twelve to nine, with approximately 80 percent of its utility operations in the three states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Source: Atmos Energy
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA