Atmos Energy sells distribution assets in three states
JACKSON — Atmos Energy Corporation has executed a definitive agreement to sell all of its natural gas distribution assets located in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa to Liberty Energy (Midstates) Corporation, an affiliate of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., for an all cash price of approximately $124 million, with the agreement containing usual terms and conditions customary for transactions of this type, including typical adjustments to the purchase price, if applicable.
The transaction will include the transfer of approximately 84,000 meters and is expected to close in fiscal 2012, after the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals. These predominantly residential and commercial meters represent less than three percent of Atmos Energy’s three million natural gas customers.
The proceeds from this transaction will be redeployed to fund growth opportunities in other jurisdictions we serve. Upon closing this transaction,
Atmos Energy will reduce the number of states in which it operates from twelve to nine, with approximately 80 percent of its utility operations in the three states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Source: Atmos Energy
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term