Baker Donelson again recognized for diversity
by For the MBJ
Published: May 19,2011
JACKSON — For the seventh consecutive year, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has been named among the “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” by MultiCultural Law, a magazine focused on diversity in the legal profession.
The firm also received its fourth consecutive ranking on the publication’s list of “Top 100 Law Firms for Women” and was ranked among the “Top 25 Law Firms for African Americans.”
Since the launch of its Diversity Initiative in 2002 and its Women’s Initiative in 2005, Baker Donelson has implemented numerous programs designed to foster an atmosphere that honors each individual’s diverse qualities, such as:
• The Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship, which continues to award up to three scholarships annually to diverse students who have completed their first year of law school.
• The Advisory Board for Minority Associates, which was established to identify and implement steps to enhance retention of diverse attorneys, as well as work toward an increase in representation of diverse attorneys and women in leadership positions within the firm.
• The firm’s Diversity Initiative, which has established the Barry W. Ford Diversity Award, named after Barry Ford, a shareholder in the Jackson office, in honor of his exemplary commitment to diversity. This award recognizes one attorney and one staff member who display an ongoing commitment to strengthening the atmosphere of inclusion at Baker Donelson through his or her efforts toward the advancement of diverse employees at the firm.
• The Baker Donelson Women’s Initiative, which has established the Susan E. Rich award in honor of Susan Elliot Rich, a shareholder in the Chattanooga, Tenn., office who was the firm’s first woman shareholder, the first woman to be an office managing shareholder and the first woman appointed to the firm’s board of directors. This award is given to a recipient who exemplifies ongoing commitment and effort to strengthen the role of women attorneys at the firm.
Source: Baker Donelson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!