DMR sets opening of shrimp season for May 25
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has set the opening date of the 2011-2012 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m. May 25.
All regulations set forth in ordinances of the DMR will be in full force and effect and all boats engaged in catching or transporting shrimp from the waters of the state of Mississippi must be licensed or permitted by the DMR before beginning operations.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, all state waters will close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight April 30, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years