DMR sets opening of shrimp season for May 25
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has set the opening date of the 2011-2012 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m. May 25.
All regulations set forth in ordinances of the DMR will be in full force and effect and all boats engaged in catching or transporting shrimp from the waters of the state of Mississippi must be licensed or permitted by the DMR before beginning operations.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, all state waters will close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight April 30, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip