DMR sets opening of shrimp season for May 25
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has set the opening date of the 2011-2012 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m. May 25.
All regulations set forth in ordinances of the DMR will be in full force and effect and all boats engaged in catching or transporting shrimp from the waters of the state of Mississippi must be licensed or permitted by the DMR before beginning operations.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, all state waters will close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight April 30, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life