DMR sets opening of shrimp season for May 25
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has set the opening date of the 2011-2012 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m. May 25.
All regulations set forth in ordinances of the DMR will be in full force and effect and all boats engaged in catching or transporting shrimp from the waters of the state of Mississippi must be licensed or permitted by the DMR before beginning operations.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, all state waters will close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight April 30, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal