DMR sets opening of shrimp season for May 25
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has set the opening date of the 2011-2012 shrimp season in Mississippi territorial waters for 6 a.m. May 25.
All regulations set forth in ordinances of the DMR will be in full force and effect and all boats engaged in catching or transporting shrimp from the waters of the state of Mississippi must be licensed or permitted by the DMR before beginning operations.
Shrimp season will close at midnight, Dec. 31, except south of the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, all state waters will close to shrimping activities, except live bait shrimping, at midnight April 30, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout