Omega Protein boat sinks after collision in Gulf
MOSS POINT — Omega Protein Corporation reports that late yesterday an Omega Protein vessel, the F/V Sandy Point, was involved in a collision with a commercial cargo vessel, the Eurus London, in Mississippi waters approximately eight miles south of Gulfport, Mississippi near Ship Island.
As a result of the collision, the F/V Sandy Point took on water and sank.
At the time of the collision, 16 crew members were aboard Omega Protein’s vessel. Authorities have accounted for 13 of Omega Protein’s crew members. A search and rescue effort currently is underway for the remaining three crew members.
Source: Omega Protein
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending