Omega Protein boat sinks after collision in Gulf
MOSS POINT — Omega Protein Corporation reports that late yesterday an Omega Protein vessel, the F/V Sandy Point, was involved in a collision with a commercial cargo vessel, the Eurus London, in Mississippi waters approximately eight miles south of Gulfport, Mississippi near Ship Island.
As a result of the collision, the F/V Sandy Point took on water and sank.
At the time of the collision, 16 crew members were aboard Omega Protein’s vessel. Authorities have accounted for 13 of Omega Protein’s crew members. A search and rescue effort currently is underway for the remaining three crew members.
Source: Omega Protein
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Coast has wave of worries as federally subsidized flood insurance nears end