Martin installed as president
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2011
A member of the faculty of the University of Mississippi Medical Center has been named president of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. James Martin, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at UMMC, was installed in Washington, D.C., as president of the 53,000-member organization that is the leading group of physicians providing health care for women.
Martin, a member of the UMMC faculty for 28 years, is the author of more than 500 scientific publications and communications, many of which address issues related to preeclampsia-eclampsia and atypical forms of this disease such as HELLP syndrome. The Preeclampsia Foundation presented Martin with its Hope Award in 2009 for lifetime achievement in preeclampsia research. He is a fellow of both the American Heart Association and the American Gynecological and Obstetrical Society. He is a past president of the North American Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
During his presidency of ACOG, Martin’s focus will be on preeclampsia and hypertensive complications of pregnancy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option