Moser named USM interim dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2011
Dr. Steven Moser, senior associate dean in the University of Southern Mississippi College of Arts and Letters, has been appointed interim dean of the college beginning July 1 while the university conducts a national search to fill the position permanently. He will replace Dr. Denise von Herrmann, who is leaving to become provost at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Ga.
Also a professor of music at Southern Miss, Moser served as director of the university’s famed Pride of Mississippi Marching Band from 1990-2002. He has more than 20 years of experience in various teaching and administrative positions at both Southern Miss and Texas Christian University. As senior associate dean, Moser currently oversees fiscal and personnel issues for the college.
A native of Minnesota, Moser attended high school in Calhoun City. He holds a doctorate in educational leadership and research from Southern Miss, and a master’s degree from Texas Christian and undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi, both in music education. He is also a 2007 Fellow of Harvard University’s Higher Education Management Development Program.
Moser’s areas of research expertise include instrumental conducting, music administration and adult and community music education. He is past chair of the Music Educators National Conference Special Research Group on Adult and Community Music, and is active as a consultant, clinician/conductor and adjudicator for marching and concert events throughout the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site