MSU promotes Hodges, Ryan
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2011
Two veteran Mississippi State University faculty members are assuming full-time duties in the university’s provost office. Julia E. Hodges, a professor of computer science and engineering, is being named associate vice president for administrative services. A member of the faculty for 27 years and a former computer science and engineering department head, she and Peter L. Ryan will assume their new duties May 20.
Ryan has been serving as interim associate provost and now will hold that position permanently. At MSU for 12 years, he has been a professor in the animal and dairy science department, who held a joint appointment in the College of Veterinary Medicine’s pathobiology and population medicine department.
Formal approval of their promotions is pending approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Hodges is a bachelor’s and master’s degree graduate of MSU who went on to receive a doctorate from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In the Bagley College of Engineering, she was a Herrin-Hess Professor, one of that academic unit’s major honors.
Ryan is a Trinity College graduate who completed master’s and doctoral degrees at the University of Guelph in Canada’s Ontario Province.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner