MSU promotes Hodges, Ryan
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2011
Two veteran Mississippi State University faculty members are assuming full-time duties in the university’s provost office. Julia E. Hodges, a professor of computer science and engineering, is being named associate vice president for administrative services. A member of the faculty for 27 years and a former computer science and engineering department head, she and Peter L. Ryan will assume their new duties May 20.
Ryan has been serving as interim associate provost and now will hold that position permanently. At MSU for 12 years, he has been a professor in the animal and dairy science department, who held a joint appointment in the College of Veterinary Medicine’s pathobiology and population medicine department.
Formal approval of their promotions is pending approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Hodges is a bachelor’s and master’s degree graduate of MSU who went on to receive a doctorate from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In the Bagley College of Engineering, she was a Herrin-Hess Professor, one of that academic unit’s major honors.
Ryan is a Trinity College graduate who completed master’s and doctoral degrees at the University of Guelph in Canada’s Ontario Province.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal