MSU promotes Hodges, Ryan
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2011
Two veteran Mississippi State University faculty members are assuming full-time duties in the university’s provost office. Julia E. Hodges, a professor of computer science and engineering, is being named associate vice president for administrative services. A member of the faculty for 27 years and a former computer science and engineering department head, she and Peter L. Ryan will assume their new duties May 20.
Ryan has been serving as interim associate provost and now will hold that position permanently. At MSU for 12 years, he has been a professor in the animal and dairy science department, who held a joint appointment in the College of Veterinary Medicine’s pathobiology and population medicine department.
Formal approval of their promotions is pending approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Hodges is a bachelor’s and master’s degree graduate of MSU who went on to receive a doctorate from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In the Bagley College of Engineering, she was a Herrin-Hess Professor, one of that academic unit’s major honors.
Ryan is a Trinity College graduate who completed master’s and doctoral degrees at the University of Guelph in Canada’s Ontario Province.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge