VT Halter Marine wins another Bouchard tug contract
by For the MBJ
Published: May 22,2011
ESCATAWPA — VT Halter Marine Inc. has won a new contract to build a 112-foot ATB offshore tug for Bouchard Transportation Co. Inc. The amount of the contract was not disclosed.
This tug will be similar to others built for Bouchard in previous years by Halter Marine.
Measuring 112 feet by 35 feet by 17 feet, the 4,000-horsepower tug is classed by ABS as A1 Towing Vessel, Dual Mode, and it will be equipped with an Intercon Coupler System.
Construction of the vessel will begin in June at VT Halter Marine’s Moss Point Marine facility in Escatawpa, with delivery expected in September 2012.
The vessel will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York, N.Y.
Morton S. Bouchard III, president/CEO, Bouchard Transportation, said, “Bouchard is pleased to have renewed our long-standing relationship with Halter, which was started by my father, Morton S. Bouchard Jr., in 1970 with the building of the Morton S. Bouchard Jr. and Frederick E. Bouchard. Halter went on to build several barges and tugs for Bouchard over the next three decades and they met the high quality standards demanded by Bouchard. I look forward to the same standards today as in the past, which I know VT Halter Marine will deliver.”
Source: VT Halter Marine
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money