Myers Tire Supply bringing distribution center, jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Officials from Myers Tire Supply, a distributor of tools, supplies and equipment for the tire service market, is locating a new regional distribution center in a 50,000-square-foot facility at the IDI Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The project will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA worked closely with Myers Tire Supply and local officials to provide assistance for the project. The agency provided the company with guidance on available tax incentives to help facilitate the company’s location to Southaven.
“We look forward to serving our customers with even greater efficiency and care from this new regional distribution center,” said Todd Smith, vice president and general manager of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Tire Supply. “As part of a distribution branch consolidation project for our business, the new location is ideal for the rapid order fulfillment and service our customers require.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year