Myers Tire Supply bringing distribution center, jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Officials from Myers Tire Supply, a distributor of tools, supplies and equipment for the tire service market, is locating a new regional distribution center in a 50,000-square-foot facility at the IDI Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The project will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA worked closely with Myers Tire Supply and local officials to provide assistance for the project. The agency provided the company with guidance on available tax incentives to help facilitate the company’s location to Southaven.
“We look forward to serving our customers with even greater efficiency and care from this new regional distribution center,” said Todd Smith, vice president and general manager of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Tire Supply. “As part of a distribution branch consolidation project for our business, the new location is ideal for the rapid order fulfillment and service our customers require.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues