Myers Tire Supply bringing distribution center, jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Officials from Myers Tire Supply, a distributor of tools, supplies and equipment for the tire service market, is locating a new regional distribution center in a 50,000-square-foot facility at the IDI Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The project will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA worked closely with Myers Tire Supply and local officials to provide assistance for the project. The agency provided the company with guidance on available tax incentives to help facilitate the company’s location to Southaven.
“We look forward to serving our customers with even greater efficiency and care from this new regional distribution center,” said Todd Smith, vice president and general manager of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Tire Supply. “As part of a distribution branch consolidation project for our business, the new location is ideal for the rapid order fulfillment and service our customers require.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015