Myers Tire Supply bringing distribution center, jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Officials from Myers Tire Supply, a distributor of tools, supplies and equipment for the tire service market, is locating a new regional distribution center in a 50,000-square-foot facility at the IDI Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The project will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA worked closely with Myers Tire Supply and local officials to provide assistance for the project. The agency provided the company with guidance on available tax incentives to help facilitate the company’s location to Southaven.
“We look forward to serving our customers with even greater efficiency and care from this new regional distribution center,” said Todd Smith, vice president and general manager of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Tire Supply. “As part of a distribution branch consolidation project for our business, the new location is ideal for the rapid order fulfillment and service our customers require.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment