Myers Tire Supply bringing distribution center, jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
SOUTHAVEN — Officials from Myers Tire Supply, a distributor of tools, supplies and equipment for the tire service market, is locating a new regional distribution center in a 50,000-square-foot facility at the IDI Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The project will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA worked closely with Myers Tire Supply and local officials to provide assistance for the project. The agency provided the company with guidance on available tax incentives to help facilitate the company’s location to Southaven.
“We look forward to serving our customers with even greater efficiency and care from this new regional distribution center,” said Todd Smith, vice president and general manager of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Tire Supply. “As part of a distribution branch consolidation project for our business, the new location is ideal for the rapid order fulfillment and service our customers require.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability