Peoples Bank takes home national SBA award
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
While portfolio performance played a significant role in the award, the institution’s continued support of small business, especially in underserved communities during challenging economic times was also a major factor.
In FY 2010, Peoples Bank made 320 SBA loans to small businesses, delivering more than $21 million to small businesses in Mississippi, with more than $6.8 million of that total going to borrowers in underserved markets.
Peoples received its awarded during Small Business Week, when the SBA honors State Small Business Persons of the Year from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and recognizes businesses recovering from natural disasters, people who have helped others recover from natural disasters, small business lenders, small business contractors and contracting officers and advocates for small businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger