Peoples Bank takes home national SBA award
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
While portfolio performance played a significant role in the award, the institution’s continued support of small business, especially in underserved communities during challenging economic times was also a major factor.
In FY 2010, Peoples Bank made 320 SBA loans to small businesses, delivering more than $21 million to small businesses in Mississippi, with more than $6.8 million of that total going to borrowers in underserved markets.
Peoples received its awarded during Small Business Week, when the SBA honors State Small Business Persons of the Year from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and recognizes businesses recovering from natural disasters, people who have helped others recover from natural disasters, small business lenders, small business contractors and contracting officers and advocates for small businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case