Peoples Bank takes home national SBA award
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
While portfolio performance played a significant role in the award, the institution’s continued support of small business, especially in underserved communities during challenging economic times was also a major factor.
In FY 2010, Peoples Bank made 320 SBA loans to small businesses, delivering more than $21 million to small businesses in Mississippi, with more than $6.8 million of that total going to borrowers in underserved markets.
Peoples received its awarded during Small Business Week, when the SBA honors State Small Business Persons of the Year from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and recognizes businesses recovering from natural disasters, people who have helped others recover from natural disasters, small business lenders, small business contractors and contracting officers and advocates for small businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts