Peoples Bank takes home national SBA award
by For the MBJ
Published: May 23,2011
While portfolio performance played a significant role in the award, the institution’s continued support of small business, especially in underserved communities during challenging economic times was also a major factor.
In FY 2010, Peoples Bank made 320 SBA loans to small businesses, delivering more than $21 million to small businesses in Mississippi, with more than $6.8 million of that total going to borrowers in underserved markets.
Peoples received its awarded during Small Business Week, when the SBA honors State Small Business Persons of the Year from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and recognizes businesses recovering from natural disasters, people who have helped others recover from natural disasters, small business lenders, small business contractors and contracting officers and advocates for small businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey