Investigators probing fire at Phillips Bark
BROOKHAVEN — Authorities are investigating a fire at Phillips Bark Processing Company that started May 23 and burned into the following day.
Phillips Bark Processing Company president David Phillips said video surveillance appears to show the fire may have started in a well located between a package bag storage building and maintenance building. High winds carried the flames from the initial site of the fire to a nearby packaging building.
Phillips said the bulk wood chip product, which represents 40 percent of the business, would still be shipped.
Phillips described the inferno as a “perfect storm.”
Heuck’s Retreat Volunteer Fire Department assistant chief David Case said it was the worst fire he’s seen.
Source: Daily Leader
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game