Investigators probing fire at Phillips Bark
BROOKHAVEN — Authorities are investigating a fire at Phillips Bark Processing Company that started May 23 and burned into the following day.
Phillips Bark Processing Company president David Phillips said video surveillance appears to show the fire may have started in a well located between a package bag storage building and maintenance building. High winds carried the flames from the initial site of the fire to a nearby packaging building.
Phillips said the bulk wood chip product, which represents 40 percent of the business, would still be shipped.
Phillips described the inferno as a “perfect storm.”
Heuck’s Retreat Volunteer Fire Department assistant chief David Case said it was the worst fire he’s seen.
Source: Daily Leader
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'