Investigators probing fire at Phillips Bark
BROOKHAVEN — Authorities are investigating a fire at Phillips Bark Processing Company that started May 23 and burned into the following day.
Phillips Bark Processing Company president David Phillips said video surveillance appears to show the fire may have started in a well located between a package bag storage building and maintenance building. High winds carried the flames from the initial site of the fire to a nearby packaging building.
Phillips said the bulk wood chip product, which represents 40 percent of the business, would still be shipped.
Phillips described the inferno as a “perfect storm.”
Heuck’s Retreat Volunteer Fire Department assistant chief David Case said it was the worst fire he’s seen.
Source: Daily Leader
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO