Palace Casino closing to finish major renovation
by For the MBJ
Published: May 24,2011
BILOXI — Palace Casino Resort will close May 31 to continue its large-scale expansion and renovation project. On June 14, or soon after receiving opening approval from the Gaming Commission, the property will reopen, revealing an all-new casino, restaurants and lounge on the second floor.
During the closure, major transfers of power, water, equipment and technology will take place, and safety inspections will be completed to ensure the property is meeting all requirements.
When the Palace reopens, the gaming floor will feature an expanded number of table games and hundreds of new slot machines. Surrounding the gaming floor will be three new restaurants — Stacked Grill, Palace Café & Bakery and the new Palace Buffet, which debuted to the public April 18. Contact Lounge & Sports Bar will show major sporting events on large flat-screen televisions and provide live entertainment on the weekends.
The casino will also be installing new features to increase player benefits and improve guest services.
Construction will continue through August 2011. The hotel lobby, atrium, spa, gift shop, meeting rooms, Mignon’s Lounge and a high limit gaming area will be the last to be revealed, with the completion of the project.
Source: Palace Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute