Palace Casino closing to finish major renovation
by For the MBJ
Published: May 24,2011
BILOXI — Palace Casino Resort will close May 31 to continue its large-scale expansion and renovation project. On June 14, or soon after receiving opening approval from the Gaming Commission, the property will reopen, revealing an all-new casino, restaurants and lounge on the second floor.
During the closure, major transfers of power, water, equipment and technology will take place, and safety inspections will be completed to ensure the property is meeting all requirements.
When the Palace reopens, the gaming floor will feature an expanded number of table games and hundreds of new slot machines. Surrounding the gaming floor will be three new restaurants — Stacked Grill, Palace Café & Bakery and the new Palace Buffet, which debuted to the public April 18. Contact Lounge & Sports Bar will show major sporting events on large flat-screen televisions and provide live entertainment on the weekends.
The casino will also be installing new features to increase player benefits and improve guest services.
Construction will continue through August 2011. The hotel lobby, atrium, spa, gift shop, meeting rooms, Mignon’s Lounge and a high limit gaming area will be the last to be revealed, with the completion of the project.
Source: Palace Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years