Airport waiting for FAA approval of runway extension
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport is expected to extend its runway after receiving federal clearance for the project.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a report last Tuesday saying the project will allow the airport to accommodate larger planes. [ITAL]The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] reports 650 feet will be added to the north end of the runway, making it 7,153 feet long.
A parallel taxiway will be widened from 50 feet to 60 feet.
The federal report says the proposed improvements are necessary to bring Tupelo Regional into compliance with current FAA design standards, enhance safety and to expand the operational capabilities of the airfield.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location