Airport waiting for FAA approval of runway extension
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport is expected to extend its runway after receiving federal clearance for the project.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a report last Tuesday saying the project will allow the airport to accommodate larger planes. [ITAL]The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] reports 650 feet will be added to the north end of the runway, making it 7,153 feet long.
A parallel taxiway will be widened from 50 feet to 60 feet.
The federal report says the proposed improvements are necessary to bring Tupelo Regional into compliance with current FAA design standards, enhance safety and to expand the operational capabilities of the airfield.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring