Airport waiting for FAA approval of runway extension
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport is expected to extend its runway after receiving federal clearance for the project.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a report last Tuesday saying the project will allow the airport to accommodate larger planes. [ITAL]The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] reports 650 feet will be added to the north end of the runway, making it 7,153 feet long.
A parallel taxiway will be widened from 50 feet to 60 feet.
The federal report says the proposed improvements are necessary to bring Tupelo Regional into compliance with current FAA design standards, enhance safety and to expand the operational capabilities of the airfield.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager