Airport waiting for FAA approval of runway extension
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport is expected to extend its runway after receiving federal clearance for the project.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a report last Tuesday saying the project will allow the airport to accommodate larger planes. [ITAL]The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] reports 650 feet will be added to the north end of the runway, making it 7,153 feet long.
A parallel taxiway will be widened from 50 feet to 60 feet.
The federal report says the proposed improvements are necessary to bring Tupelo Regional into compliance with current FAA design standards, enhance safety and to expand the operational capabilities of the airfield.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy