Airport waiting for FAA approval of runway extension
TUPELO — Tupelo Regional Airport is expected to extend its runway after receiving federal clearance for the project.
The Federal Aviation Administration issued a report last Tuesday saying the project will allow the airport to accommodate larger planes. [ITAL]The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal[ITAL] reports 650 feet will be added to the north end of the runway, making it 7,153 feet long.
A parallel taxiway will be widened from 50 feet to 60 feet.
The federal report says the proposed improvements are necessary to bring Tupelo Regional into compliance with current FAA design standards, enhance safety and to expand the operational capabilities of the airfield.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing