Harrah’s-Tunica to celebrate reopening with flags flying
by For the MBJ
Published: May 25,2011
TUNICA — The floodwaters that recently surrounded Harrah’s Tunica will be replaced with a sea of American flags Friday as the third and final Caesars casino in Tunica reopens its doors after the Mississippi River water level rose to almost record levels forcing Tunica casinos to close for the first time in history.
The celebration and ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. atop the levee overlooking the main portecochere at Harrah’s Casino Tunica. After the ceremony the casino will be officially open to the public and all first responders and civil and military service personnel along with one guest are invited to a
special thank you luncheon at the Paula Deen Buffet on the second floor of Harrah’s. Civil and military service personnel and all first responders will also be able to show their service IDs to receive a free meal in the Paula Deen buffet during the Memorial Day Weekend.
“After literally washing the mud and debris from our parking lots we are going to wash Harrah’s Tunica in the red, white, and blue of the American flag. We want to show our appreciation to those in our communities that serve and protect on a daily basis and especially during crisis situations like the flood that we have all experienced here in the Mid-South,” said R. Scott Barber, regional president, Caesars Mid-South.
Source: Caesars Entertainment
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable