Work begins on $30M orthopedic hospital
Published: May 27,2011
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital and Southern Bone and Joint will start construction in August on a $30 million orthopedic hospital.
The Hattiesburg American reports that the completion date for the 30-bed facility is scheduled for October 2012. The finished hospital will connect to Southern Bone and Joint and include more than 74,000 square feet.
The facility will have orthopedic operating rooms, pre-operative and recovery rooms and support services such as physical and occupational therapy, laboratory and diagnostic imaging services.
Forrest General will staff the hospital that will employ about 150 people.
Southern Bone and Joint opened in 2000. It has 16 physicians and a staff of 150.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit