Work begins on $30M orthopedic hospital
by Associated Press
Published: May 27,2011
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital and Southern Bone and Joint will start construction in August on a $30 million orthopedic hospital.
The Hattiesburg American reports that the completion date for the 30-bed facility is scheduled for October 2012. The finished hospital will connect to Southern Bone and Joint and include more than 74,000 square feet.
The facility will have orthopedic operating rooms, pre-operative and recovery rooms and support services such as physical and occupational therapy, laboratory and diagnostic imaging services.
Forrest General will staff the hospital that will employ about 150 people.
Southern Bone and Joint opened in 2000. It has 16 physicians and a staff of 150.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker