Work begins on $30M orthopedic hospital
Published: May 27,2011
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital and Southern Bone and Joint will start construction in August on a $30 million orthopedic hospital.
The Hattiesburg American reports that the completion date for the 30-bed facility is scheduled for October 2012. The finished hospital will connect to Southern Bone and Joint and include more than 74,000 square feet.
The facility will have orthopedic operating rooms, pre-operative and recovery rooms and support services such as physical and occupational therapy, laboratory and diagnostic imaging services.
Forrest General will staff the hospital that will employ about 150 people.
Southern Bone and Joint opened in 2000. It has 16 physicians and a staff of 150.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal