Work begins on $30M orthopedic hospital
Published: May 27,2011
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital and Southern Bone and Joint will start construction in August on a $30 million orthopedic hospital.
The Hattiesburg American reports that the completion date for the 30-bed facility is scheduled for October 2012. The finished hospital will connect to Southern Bone and Joint and include more than 74,000 square feet.
The facility will have orthopedic operating rooms, pre-operative and recovery rooms and support services such as physical and occupational therapy, laboratory and diagnostic imaging services.
Forrest General will staff the hospital that will employ about 150 people.
Southern Bone and Joint opened in 2000. It has 16 physicians and a staff of 150.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option