McCarty named director
A veteran fundraiser and campus staff member is the Mississippi State University Foundation’s new executive director of development. Jack R. McCarty of Starkville officially began his duties May 15.
He is a Starkville Public Schools graduate who received an MSU agriculture degree in 1991.
Since 2007, he has led development efforts of the College of Business. He has been responsible for all fundraising activities in the major academic unit, including its Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy.
In his new role, McCarty will steer fundraising efforts for “StatePride: An Initiative for Student and Faculty Support.”
McCarty has more than 16 years of total experience in development, with 10 years specifically devoted to the MSU Foundation. He was involved in both of the land-grant institution’s successful capital campaigns, “State of the Future: The Mississippi State Campaign” and “The Campaign for Mississippi State University: To Serve Mississippi and Beyond.”
From 1994-2001, he was development director for various units in MSU’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine. He left campus for a time to serve as director of development operations for Ducks Unlimited Inc., Southern Region.
In 2009, the Oktibbeha County native was honored as a “Top 40 Under 40″ by the Mississippi Business Journal.
In addition to MSU and Ducks Unlimited, McCarty has been active in the Oktibbeha County Rose Society, Friends of Noxubee Refuge and Starkville Quarterback Club. He currently serves as a board of trustee member for the Starkville Public Library.
His appreciation of the university, its history and missions are due, in large measure, to his late father, Robert H. McCarty. Also an MSU graduate, the senior McCarty served as state entomologist, among other major administrative positions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry