McCarty named director
A veteran fundraiser and campus staff member is the Mississippi State University Foundation’s new executive director of development. Jack R. McCarty of Starkville officially began his duties May 15.
He is a Starkville Public Schools graduate who received an MSU agriculture degree in 1991.
Since 2007, he has led development efforts of the College of Business. He has been responsible for all fundraising activities in the major academic unit, including its Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy.
In his new role, McCarty will steer fundraising efforts for “StatePride: An Initiative for Student and Faculty Support.”
McCarty has more than 16 years of total experience in development, with 10 years specifically devoted to the MSU Foundation. He was involved in both of the land-grant institution’s successful capital campaigns, “State of the Future: The Mississippi State Campaign” and “The Campaign for Mississippi State University: To Serve Mississippi and Beyond.”
From 1994-2001, he was development director for various units in MSU’s Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine. He left campus for a time to serve as director of development operations for Ducks Unlimited Inc., Southern Region.
In 2009, the Oktibbeha County native was honored as a “Top 40 Under 40″ by the Mississippi Business Journal.
In addition to MSU and Ducks Unlimited, McCarty has been active in the Oktibbeha County Rose Society, Friends of Noxubee Refuge and Starkville Quarterback Club. He currently serves as a board of trustee member for the Starkville Public Library.
His appreciation of the university, its history and missions are due, in large measure, to his late father, Robert H. McCarty. Also an MSU graduate, the senior McCarty served as state entomologist, among other major administrative positions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren