Hospital launches service to check ER wait times
by For the MBJ
Published: May 30,2011
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has added a texting option for ER Extra wait times. For those not requiring immediate emergent care, the ER Extra texting option is designed to help decision making in emergency care faster and easier.
The service allows users to simply text their zip code to ERTIME (378463) and they will receive the ER wait time at River Oaks..
In March, the hospital opened a new ER featuring private exam rooms, specialty care rooms and emergency specific imaging services. Since then, the facility has rolled out many mobile options. In addition to ER wait time texting, patients can check wait times online, download an ER Extra iPhone app or view digital billboards throughout the Jackson area. ER wait times reflect the average wait time of the previous hour of the patients that were triaged during that time, otherwise known as “time to triage.”
Source: River Oaks
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital launches service to check ER wait times”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino