Hospital launches service to check ER wait times
by For the MBJ
Published: May 30,2011
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has added a texting option for ER Extra wait times. For those not requiring immediate emergent care, the ER Extra texting option is designed to help decision making in emergency care faster and easier.
The service allows users to simply text their zip code to ERTIME (378463) and they will receive the ER wait time at River Oaks..
In March, the hospital opened a new ER featuring private exam rooms, specialty care rooms and emergency specific imaging services. Since then, the facility has rolled out many mobile options. In addition to ER wait time texting, patients can check wait times online, download an ER Extra iPhone app or view digital billboards throughout the Jackson area. ER wait times reflect the average wait time of the previous hour of the patients that were triaged during that time, otherwise known as “time to triage.”
Source: River Oaks
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital launches service to check ER wait times”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years