Hospital launches service to check ER wait times
by For the MBJ
Published: May 30,2011
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has added a texting option for ER Extra wait times. For those not requiring immediate emergent care, the ER Extra texting option is designed to help decision making in emergency care faster and easier.
The service allows users to simply text their zip code to ERTIME (378463) and they will receive the ER wait time at River Oaks..
In March, the hospital opened a new ER featuring private exam rooms, specialty care rooms and emergency specific imaging services. Since then, the facility has rolled out many mobile options. In addition to ER wait time texting, patients can check wait times online, download an ER Extra iPhone app or view digital billboards throughout the Jackson area. ER wait times reflect the average wait time of the previous hour of the patients that were triaged during that time, otherwise known as “time to triage.”
Source: River Oaks
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital launches service to check ER wait times”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement