Hospital launches service to check ER wait times
by For the MBJ
Published: May 30,2011
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has added a texting option for ER Extra wait times. For those not requiring immediate emergent care, the ER Extra texting option is designed to help decision making in emergency care faster and easier.
The service allows users to simply text their zip code to ERTIME (378463) and they will receive the ER wait time at River Oaks..
In March, the hospital opened a new ER featuring private exam rooms, specialty care rooms and emergency specific imaging services. Since then, the facility has rolled out many mobile options. In addition to ER wait time texting, patients can check wait times online, download an ER Extra iPhone app or view digital billboards throughout the Jackson area. ER wait times reflect the average wait time of the previous hour of the patients that were triaged during that time, otherwise known as “time to triage.”
Source: River Oaks
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital launches service to check ER wait times”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi