Tronox initiates price increase to offset rising costs
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary companies, has announced a price increase of $60 per ton for sodium chlorate, effective immediately. The price increase applies to list prices or as contracts allow.
Tronox said this pricing action is driven by continued increases in manufacturing costs from rising energy prices and other key cost drivers in the production of sodium chlorate.
Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox produces sodium chlorate at its Mississippi facility in Hamilton. It is used primarily by the pulp and paper industries in an environmentally preferred pulp bleaching process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history