Tronox initiates price increase to offset rising costs
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary companies, has announced a price increase of $60 per ton for sodium chlorate, effective immediately. The price increase applies to list prices or as contracts allow.
Tronox said this pricing action is driven by continued increases in manufacturing costs from rising energy prices and other key cost drivers in the production of sodium chlorate.
Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox produces sodium chlorate at its Mississippi facility in Hamilton. It is used primarily by the pulp and paper industries in an environmentally preferred pulp bleaching process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release