Tronox initiates price increase to offset rising costs
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary companies, has announced a price increase of $60 per ton for sodium chlorate, effective immediately. The price increase applies to list prices or as contracts allow.
Tronox said this pricing action is driven by continued increases in manufacturing costs from rising energy prices and other key cost drivers in the production of sodium chlorate.
Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox produces sodium chlorate at its Mississippi facility in Hamilton. It is used primarily by the pulp and paper industries in an environmentally preferred pulp bleaching process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015