Tronox initiates price increase to offset rising costs
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary companies, has announced a price increase of $60 per ton for sodium chlorate, effective immediately. The price increase applies to list prices or as contracts allow.
Tronox said this pricing action is driven by continued increases in manufacturing costs from rising energy prices and other key cost drivers in the production of sodium chlorate.
Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox produces sodium chlorate at its Mississippi facility in Hamilton. It is used primarily by the pulp and paper industries in an environmentally preferred pulp bleaching process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove