Tronox initiates price increase to offset rising costs
HAMILTON — Tronox Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary companies, has announced a price increase of $60 per ton for sodium chlorate, effective immediately. The price increase applies to list prices or as contracts allow.
Tronox said this pricing action is driven by continued increases in manufacturing costs from rising energy prices and other key cost drivers in the production of sodium chlorate.
Oklahoma City, Okla.-based Tronox produces sodium chlorate at its Mississippi facility in Hamilton. It is used primarily by the pulp and paper industries in an environmentally preferred pulp bleaching process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation