Two-year institutions’ graduates up more than 14 percent
by For the MBJ
Published: May 31,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — During the 2010-2011 academic year, Mississippi’s 15 community colleges have awarded 13,228 degrees during graduation ceremonies. This is an increase of 14.2 percent, or 1,873 students, compared to 2009-2010.
The figure for the current academic year does not include graduations that may take place during the first term of summer school, by June 30.
The increase in students graduating from community colleges comes at a time of record enrollments. In the past three years, enrollment has increased by 31 percent.
Source: Mississippi Board of Community and Junior Colleges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two-year institutions’ graduates up more than 14 percent”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO