Two-year institutions’ graduates up more than 14 percent
by For the MBJ
Published: May 31,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — During the 2010-2011 academic year, Mississippi’s 15 community colleges have awarded 13,228 degrees during graduation ceremonies. This is an increase of 14.2 percent, or 1,873 students, compared to 2009-2010.
The figure for the current academic year does not include graduations that may take place during the first term of summer school, by June 30.
The increase in students graduating from community colleges comes at a time of record enrollments. In the past three years, enrollment has increased by 31 percent.
Source: Mississippi Board of Community and Junior Colleges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two-year institutions’ graduates up more than 14 percent”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds