Renovated Palace Casino to reopen smoke-free
by For the MBJ
Published: June 1,2011
BILOXI — When the Palace Casino Resort in Biloxi opens the second floor of its expansion and renovation project June 14, the casino, hotel, restaurants and lounge/sports bar will all be smoke free.
Smoking will be allowed outside the main building, and a new $1-million smoking lounge has been created to accommodate smokers. The smoking lounge is conveniently located in close proximity to the gaming floor, restaurants and lounge/sports bar. It features its own air conditioning and heating system.
Keith Crosby, general manager of the Palace, said, “Over the years, I have continually received feedback from customers who have been concerned about the quality of air in our casino, and all casinos for that matter. And, if you look at the statistics, nearly 80 percent of the public does not smoke. Going smoke free is the right thing to do, and it’s the right time to do it. We have invested a great deal into creating a beautiful new resort for our customers, as well as our associates. We’re starting off fresh, and this decision will allow us to maintain our fresh air quality, creating a healthier, cleaner and more enjoyable environment for everyone.”
Source: Palace Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not