Renovated Palace Casino to reopen smoke-free
by For the MBJ
Published: June 1,2011
BILOXI — When the Palace Casino Resort in Biloxi opens the second floor of its expansion and renovation project June 14, the casino, hotel, restaurants and lounge/sports bar will all be smoke free.
Smoking will be allowed outside the main building, and a new $1-million smoking lounge has been created to accommodate smokers. The smoking lounge is conveniently located in close proximity to the gaming floor, restaurants and lounge/sports bar. It features its own air conditioning and heating system.
Keith Crosby, general manager of the Palace, said, “Over the years, I have continually received feedback from customers who have been concerned about the quality of air in our casino, and all casinos for that matter. And, if you look at the statistics, nearly 80 percent of the public does not smoke. Going smoke free is the right thing to do, and it’s the right time to do it. We have invested a great deal into creating a beautiful new resort for our customers, as well as our associates. We’re starting off fresh, and this decision will allow us to maintain our fresh air quality, creating a healthier, cleaner and more enjoyable environment for everyone.”
Source: Palace Casino
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports