Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M
by For the MBJ
Published: June 2,2011
MONROE COUNTY — Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC, has acquired Monroe Gas Storage Company, LLC, as well as an option on development rights to an adjacent depleted natural gas reservoir from High Sierra Monroe, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of High Sierra Energy, LP, and certain other shareholders.
The total consideration is approximately $148 million.
Monroe is a FERC-regulated, high deliverability natural gas storage reservoir facility located in Northeast Mississippi. The facility has been in operation since 2009 and has 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity currently in service.
Subject to regulatory approval and market demand, the facility has expansion potential to add up to an additional 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity through expansion of the existing facility and development of the option.
Monroe currently has two pipeline interconnects through a separate east and west header system to Tennessee Gas Pipeline and Texas Eastern Pipeline.
Source: Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast