Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M
by For the MBJ
Published: June 2,2011
MONROE COUNTY — Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC, has acquired Monroe Gas Storage Company, LLC, as well as an option on development rights to an adjacent depleted natural gas reservoir from High Sierra Monroe, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of High Sierra Energy, LP, and certain other shareholders.
The total consideration is approximately $148 million.
Monroe is a FERC-regulated, high deliverability natural gas storage reservoir facility located in Northeast Mississippi. The facility has been in operation since 2009 and has 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity currently in service.
Subject to regulatory approval and market demand, the facility has expansion potential to add up to an additional 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity through expansion of the existing facility and development of the option.
Monroe currently has two pipeline interconnects through a separate east and west header system to Tennessee Gas Pipeline and Texas Eastern Pipeline.
Source: Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation