Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M
by For the MBJ
Published: June 2,2011
MONROE COUNTY — Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC, has acquired Monroe Gas Storage Company, LLC, as well as an option on development rights to an adjacent depleted natural gas reservoir from High Sierra Monroe, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of High Sierra Energy, LP, and certain other shareholders.
The total consideration is approximately $148 million.
Monroe is a FERC-regulated, high deliverability natural gas storage reservoir facility located in Northeast Mississippi. The facility has been in operation since 2009 and has 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity currently in service.
Subject to regulatory approval and market demand, the facility has expansion potential to add up to an additional 12 billion cubic feet of working gas capacity through expansion of the existing facility and development of the option.
Monroe currently has two pipeline interconnects through a separate east and west header system to Tennessee Gas Pipeline and Texas Eastern Pipeline.
Source: Cardinal Gas Storage Partners, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cardinal buys gas storage facility for $148M”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money