Sealed Air Corporation ramping up production
by For the MBJ
Published: June 3,2011
GRENADA — Officials from Sealed Air Corporation, manufacturer of protective packaging and performance-based materials, have announced the expansion of its operations at its facility in the Industrial Air Park facility in Grenada.
The expansion, which will enable the company to manufacture larger sizes of packing products that can be customized to meet the needs of meat producers, represents a $3-million company investment and will create at least 15 new jobs. The company currently has 49 employees in Grenada.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided guidance to the company regarding available tax incentives to help facilitate the expansion.
“We are excited to have the opportunity to bring this new production line to Grenada and to create jobs in the community. We appreciate the support provided by the Mississippi Development Authority and the Grenada Economic Development District in helping us attain a number of tax benefits that will support our future growth in Mississippi,” said David Kinard, Sealed Air Grenada plant manager.
Sealed Air, with operations in 51 countries, is a global innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of protective packaging and performance-based materials for many consumer and industrial markets. The company employs over 16,000 and has over 100 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions