Sealed Air Corporation ramping up production
by For the MBJ
Published: June 3,2011
GRENADA — Officials from Sealed Air Corporation, manufacturer of protective packaging and performance-based materials, have announced the expansion of its operations at its facility in the Industrial Air Park facility in Grenada.
The expansion, which will enable the company to manufacture larger sizes of packing products that can be customized to meet the needs of meat producers, represents a $3-million company investment and will create at least 15 new jobs. The company currently has 49 employees in Grenada.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided guidance to the company regarding available tax incentives to help facilitate the expansion.
“We are excited to have the opportunity to bring this new production line to Grenada and to create jobs in the community. We appreciate the support provided by the Mississippi Development Authority and the Grenada Economic Development District in helping us attain a number of tax benefits that will support our future growth in Mississippi,” said David Kinard, Sealed Air Grenada plant manager.
Sealed Air, with operations in 51 countries, is a global innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of protective packaging and performance-based materials for many consumer and industrial markets. The company employs over 16,000 and has over 100 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years