Dunn named Millsaps SVP
Millsaps College announced that Dr. S. Keith Dunn has been named senior vice president for academic affairs and dean of the college. Dunn joins Millsaps from Centre College in Danville, Ky., where he currently serves as professor of chemistry and associate dean for academic affairs. The appointment completes a national search for the position.
His appointment will begin in early July.
At Centre, Dunn is credited for his leadership role in facilitating the design and completion of a $20 million addition and renovation project that added 40,000 square feet to a campus facility dedicated to instruction and research in the sciences. Besides serving as project shepherd, Dunn was also lead investigator for a $1,080,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to support the expansion.
He ran the Centre-in-London program for the 1997-98 academic year, and he later spent six months on a sabbatical at University College in London. In 2005, Dunn was honored as a Centre Scholar, a prestigious award that recognizes excellence in teaching, scholarly work and contributions to the Centre community.
Dunn earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Erskine College in 1988, where he graduated cum laude, was elected to Omicron Delta Kappa and received an American Chemistry Society Award. He then earned a doctorate in 1993 in physical chemistry from Indiana University, where he held a postdoctoral fellowship and a research assistantship and also received a DuPont Teaching Award.
Dunn began his work at Centre in 1990 as a visiting instructor and joined the faculty on a full-time basis in 1993. He earned tenure in 1998 and was promoted to full professor in 2008. His administrative duties include two terms as division chair for science and mathematics, from 2003-08, and he was appointed to the role of associate dean in 2009.
Dunn will be joined at Millsaps by his wife of 20 years, Beth, and their two sons, Alex, 12, and Drew, 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations