Fowlkes awarded demolition contract by Corps
MONROE COUNTY — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, has awarded a contract to Fowlkes Plumbing of Amory for the demolition of structures in Smithville and Monroe County.
Terms were not disclosed.
The demolition will be focused on structures that have been declared to be in imminent danger of collapse due to damage from the April tornado that devastated the community.
This demolition service is available at no charge to residents of Smithville and Monroe County. Residents needing demolition services must complete a right of entry (ROE) form, which can be obtained at the Smithville Community Center or the Monroe County 911 Center. Removal of any damaged structures will have no effects or hindrance on the already existing debris removal process.
Contractors continue to gather, haul and dispose of debris from public, commercial and residential properties in Smithville and Monroe County.
Source: Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics