Fowlkes awarded demolition contract by Corps
MONROE COUNTY — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, has awarded a contract to Fowlkes Plumbing of Amory for the demolition of structures in Smithville and Monroe County.
Terms were not disclosed.
The demolition will be focused on structures that have been declared to be in imminent danger of collapse due to damage from the April tornado that devastated the community.
This demolition service is available at no charge to residents of Smithville and Monroe County. Residents needing demolition services must complete a right of entry (ROE) form, which can be obtained at the Smithville Community Center or the Monroe County 911 Center. Removal of any damaged structures will have no effects or hindrance on the already existing debris removal process.
Contractors continue to gather, haul and dispose of debris from public, commercial and residential properties in Smithville and Monroe County.
Source: Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years