Fowlkes awarded demolition contract by Corps
MONROE COUNTY — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, has awarded a contract to Fowlkes Plumbing of Amory for the demolition of structures in Smithville and Monroe County.
Terms were not disclosed.
The demolition will be focused on structures that have been declared to be in imminent danger of collapse due to damage from the April tornado that devastated the community.
This demolition service is available at no charge to residents of Smithville and Monroe County. Residents needing demolition services must complete a right of entry (ROE) form, which can be obtained at the Smithville Community Center or the Monroe County 911 Center. Removal of any damaged structures will have no effects or hindrance on the already existing debris removal process.
Contractors continue to gather, haul and dispose of debris from public, commercial and residential properties in Smithville and Monroe County.
Source: Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus