Fowlkes awarded demolition contract by Corps
MONROE COUNTY — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, has awarded a contract to Fowlkes Plumbing of Amory for the demolition of structures in Smithville and Monroe County.
Terms were not disclosed.
The demolition will be focused on structures that have been declared to be in imminent danger of collapse due to damage from the April tornado that devastated the community.
This demolition service is available at no charge to residents of Smithville and Monroe County. Residents needing demolition services must complete a right of entry (ROE) form, which can be obtained at the Smithville Community Center or the Monroe County 911 Center. Removal of any damaged structures will have no effects or hindrance on the already existing debris removal process.
Contractors continue to gather, haul and dispose of debris from public, commercial and residential properties in Smithville and Monroe County.
Source: Corps of Engineers
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice