MCUA staying busy
The Mississippi Credit Union Association recently elected a new board, seated officers as well as presented awards and recognized members for outstanding service. MSCUA board elections for three-year terms include: Billy Bridges, Mutual CU; Elmer Dickens, Gulf Coast Community FCU; Steve Pollman, Magnolia FCU; and Lt. Col. Dean Todd, USAF, Ret., Keesler FCU.
Elected to fill un-expired terms were Dennis Florreich, Meridian Mutual FCU (one year) and Kaye Ray, Central Sunbelt FCU (two years).
The MSCUA board officers are: chairman Jimmy Smith, Singing River FCU; vice chairman Billy Bridges; treasurer Ray Scott, USM FCU; and, Executive Committee member Lt. Col. Dean Todd.
Four individuals were given the state’s highest honor, induction into the Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame. They are: John Baker, Mississippi Postal Employees FCU (Jackson); George Kirby, Ferguson FCU (Monticello); Lavina Robison, Mississippi DHS FCU (Jackson); and, Lt. Col. Dean Todd (Biloxi, Miss).
Additional recognitions include: Tom McWilliams, MSCUA senior vice president, recognized for 25 years of service with the Association; Lavina Robison, retiring MSCUA board member, recognized for 12 years of service to Mississippi credit unions; and, Scotty Broome, retired Keesler FCU president/CEO, recognized for his 2011 induction into the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement