MCUA staying busy
The Mississippi Credit Union Association recently elected a new board, seated officers as well as presented awards and recognized members for outstanding service. MSCUA board elections for three-year terms include: Billy Bridges, Mutual CU; Elmer Dickens, Gulf Coast Community FCU; Steve Pollman, Magnolia FCU; and Lt. Col. Dean Todd, USAF, Ret., Keesler FCU.
Elected to fill un-expired terms were Dennis Florreich, Meridian Mutual FCU (one year) and Kaye Ray, Central Sunbelt FCU (two years).
The MSCUA board officers are: chairman Jimmy Smith, Singing River FCU; vice chairman Billy Bridges; treasurer Ray Scott, USM FCU; and, Executive Committee member Lt. Col. Dean Todd.
Four individuals were given the state’s highest honor, induction into the Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame. They are: John Baker, Mississippi Postal Employees FCU (Jackson); George Kirby, Ferguson FCU (Monticello); Lavina Robison, Mississippi DHS FCU (Jackson); and, Lt. Col. Dean Todd (Biloxi, Miss).
Additional recognitions include: Tom McWilliams, MSCUA senior vice president, recognized for 25 years of service with the Association; Lavina Robison, retiring MSCUA board member, recognized for 12 years of service to Mississippi credit unions; and, Scotty Broome, retired Keesler FCU president/CEO, recognized for his 2011 induction into the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino