MVT elects new officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
The following officer elections were approved at a Mississippi Valley Title Insurance Company board of directors’ meeting: James M. “Mike” Sellari, chairman and CEO; Mark B. Higdon, president; and, W. Parrish Fortenberry, executive vice president.
Additionally, Mark A. Bilbrey, president, Old Republic Title Insurance Group, was elected to serve as a director on MVT’s board. John T. Cossar will remain chairman emeritus of MVT.
Well respected and known in the title insurance communities in the South, Sellari has loyally served MVT for over 40 years. He joined MVT while earning a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College and a juris doctorate from the Mississippi College of Law. Over the years, he has served in a number of key positions, including controller, treasurer, claims counsel, executive vice president, COO, president, director and most recently, as CEO, a position he continues to hold.
In 1991, Higdon joined MVT as vice president and legal officer. Since then, he has held increasingly significant decision-making positions at MVT, including supervising specific market segments, managing sales and marketing and, more recently, as MVT’s COO. In addition to being president of MVT, he also will continue to be its COO. Higdon has nearly 30 years of experience in the industry, and holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
After earning his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Fortenberry, initially practiced corporate, tax and real estate law. In 2003, MVT was fortunate to have him join the company as its claims and title counsel. Since then, he has gone on to become senior claims and title counsel, a role he continues to hold and in which he provides underwriting guidance to agents and approved attorneys. He also oversees the handling of title policy claims. In addition to being elected an executive vice president of MVT, Fortenberry serves as secretary to the MVT board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State