MVT elects new officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
The following officer elections were approved at a Mississippi Valley Title Insurance Company board of directors’ meeting: James M. “Mike” Sellari, chairman and CEO; Mark B. Higdon, president; and, W. Parrish Fortenberry, executive vice president.
Additionally, Mark A. Bilbrey, president, Old Republic Title Insurance Group, was elected to serve as a director on MVT’s board. John T. Cossar will remain chairman emeritus of MVT.
Well respected and known in the title insurance communities in the South, Sellari has loyally served MVT for over 40 years. He joined MVT while earning a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi College and a juris doctorate from the Mississippi College of Law. Over the years, he has served in a number of key positions, including controller, treasurer, claims counsel, executive vice president, COO, president, director and most recently, as CEO, a position he continues to hold.
In 1991, Higdon joined MVT as vice president and legal officer. Since then, he has held increasingly significant decision-making positions at MVT, including supervising specific market segments, managing sales and marketing and, more recently, as MVT’s COO. In addition to being president of MVT, he also will continue to be its COO. Higdon has nearly 30 years of experience in the industry, and holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
After earning his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law, Fortenberry, initially practiced corporate, tax and real estate law. In 2003, MVT was fortunate to have him join the company as its claims and title counsel. Since then, he has gone on to become senior claims and title counsel, a role he continues to hold and in which he provides underwriting guidance to agents and approved attorneys. He also oversees the handling of title policy claims. In addition to being elected an executive vice president of MVT, Fortenberry serves as secretary to the MVT board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi