Newman named MSU school director
A Mississippi State University professor with more than 20 years of experience is the new director of the school of human sciences. Since 2004, Michael Newman has served as a professor in agricultural information science and education as well as a specialist for the MSU Extension Service.
In addition to numerous books, journal articles and presentations, Newman has been responsible for planning and evaluating both Extension programming and many grant-funded projects. The use of technology in agribusiness and education is one of Newman’s areas of expertise.
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in agriculture at MSU, Newman went to the Ohio State University for his master’s degree. Newman began his career at MSU as a graduate research assistant in 1989 and worked in various positions at MSU after he attained his doctorate in agricultural and Extension education in 1991. He has received numerous honors for his teaching ability and leadership, including the John Grisham Master Teacher and MSU StatePride awards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Newman named MSU school director”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing