Newman named MSU school director
A Mississippi State University professor with more than 20 years of experience is the new director of the school of human sciences. Since 2004, Michael Newman has served as a professor in agricultural information science and education as well as a specialist for the MSU Extension Service.
In addition to numerous books, journal articles and presentations, Newman has been responsible for planning and evaluating both Extension programming and many grant-funded projects. The use of technology in agribusiness and education is one of Newman’s areas of expertise.
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in agriculture at MSU, Newman went to the Ohio State University for his master’s degree. Newman began his career at MSU as a graduate research assistant in 1989 and worked in various positions at MSU after he attained his doctorate in agricultural and Extension education in 1991. He has received numerous honors for his teaching ability and leadership, including the John Grisham Master Teacher and MSU StatePride awards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Newman named MSU school director”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey