Newman named MSU school director
A Mississippi State University professor with more than 20 years of experience is the new director of the school of human sciences. Since 2004, Michael Newman has served as a professor in agricultural information science and education as well as a specialist for the MSU Extension Service.
In addition to numerous books, journal articles and presentations, Newman has been responsible for planning and evaluating both Extension programming and many grant-funded projects. The use of technology in agribusiness and education is one of Newman’s areas of expertise.
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in agriculture at MSU, Newman went to the Ohio State University for his master’s degree. Newman began his career at MSU as a graduate research assistant in 1989 and worked in various positions at MSU after he attained his doctorate in agricultural and Extension education in 1991. He has received numerous honors for his teaching ability and leadership, including the John Grisham Master Teacher and MSU StatePride awards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Newman named MSU school director”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015