Newman named MSU school director
A Mississippi State University professor with more than 20 years of experience is the new director of the school of human sciences. Since 2004, Michael Newman has served as a professor in agricultural information science and education as well as a specialist for the MSU Extension Service.
In addition to numerous books, journal articles and presentations, Newman has been responsible for planning and evaluating both Extension programming and many grant-funded projects. The use of technology in agribusiness and education is one of Newman’s areas of expertise.
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in agriculture at MSU, Newman went to the Ohio State University for his master’s degree. Newman began his career at MSU as a graduate research assistant in 1989 and worked in various positions at MSU after he attained his doctorate in agricultural and Extension education in 1991. He has received numerous honors for his teaching ability and leadership, including the John Grisham Master Teacher and MSU StatePride awards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Newman named MSU school director”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015