Nurses win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
Forrest General Hospital honored four outstanding nurses during National Nurses Week celebrations, including Clinical and Non-Clinical Nurses of the Year, Nurse Leader of the Year and the Patient Choice Award.
Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Andre Williamson, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Intensive Care Unit.
Sheila Shappley, RN, director of Forrest General’s Critical Care and Trauma Services, was also honored during the celebration as Nurse Leader of the Year.
At a luncheon for Nurse of the Year and Patient Choice Award nominees, Linda Holmes, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year.
Kristi Magee, RN, a Forrest General Home Care and Hospice employee, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner, which is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force