Nurses win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
Forrest General Hospital honored four outstanding nurses during National Nurses Week celebrations, including Clinical and Non-Clinical Nurses of the Year, Nurse Leader of the Year and the Patient Choice Award.
Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Andre Williamson, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Intensive Care Unit.
Sheila Shappley, RN, director of Forrest General’s Critical Care and Trauma Services, was also honored during the celebration as Nurse Leader of the Year.
At a luncheon for Nurse of the Year and Patient Choice Award nominees, Linda Holmes, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year.
Kristi Magee, RN, a Forrest General Home Care and Hospice employee, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner, which is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State