Nurses win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
Forrest General Hospital honored four outstanding nurses during National Nurses Week celebrations, including Clinical and Non-Clinical Nurses of the Year, Nurse Leader of the Year and the Patient Choice Award.
Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Andre Williamson, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Intensive Care Unit.
Sheila Shappley, RN, director of Forrest General’s Critical Care and Trauma Services, was also honored during the celebration as Nurse Leader of the Year.
At a luncheon for Nurse of the Year and Patient Choice Award nominees, Linda Holmes, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year.
Kristi Magee, RN, a Forrest General Home Care and Hospice employee, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner, which is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip