Nurses win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
Forrest General Hospital honored four outstanding nurses during National Nurses Week celebrations, including Clinical and Non-Clinical Nurses of the Year, Nurse Leader of the Year and the Patient Choice Award.
Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Andre Williamson, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Intensive Care Unit.
Sheila Shappley, RN, director of Forrest General’s Critical Care and Trauma Services, was also honored during the celebration as Nurse Leader of the Year.
At a luncheon for Nurse of the Year and Patient Choice Award nominees, Linda Holmes, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year.
Kristi Magee, RN, a Forrest General Home Care and Hospice employee, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner, which is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi