Nurses win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
Forrest General Hospital honored four outstanding nurses during National Nurses Week celebrations, including Clinical and Non-Clinical Nurses of the Year, Nurse Leader of the Year and the Patient Choice Award.
Clinical Nurse of the Year was awarded to Andre Williamson, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Intensive Care Unit.
Sheila Shappley, RN, director of Forrest General’s Critical Care and Trauma Services, was also honored during the celebration as Nurse Leader of the Year.
At a luncheon for Nurse of the Year and Patient Choice Award nominees, Linda Holmes, RN, who works in Forrest General’s Education Department, was honored as the hospital’s Non-Clinical Nurse of the Year.
Kristi Magee, RN, a Forrest General Home Care and Hospice employee, was honored as this year’s Patient Choice Winner, which is based on nominations from community members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love