Students pick best professors
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2011
University of Mississippi pharmacy students have selected three faculty members to receive awards for teaching excellence. Students in the first year of the pharmacy program, or PY1, chose John Rimoldi, professor of medicinal chemistry, as their Teacher of the Year.
PY4 students graduating with doctor of pharmacy degrees selected John Bridges, director of pharmaceutical services at Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women in Memphis, to receive the Introductory Practice Experience Preceptor of the Year award, and Richard “Buddy” Ogletree, clinical assistant professor of pharmacy practice and coordinator of Drug Information and Investigational Drugs at the UM Medical Center, as their Advanced Practice Experience Preceptor of the Year.
PY2 students selected Erin Holmes, assistant professor of pharmacy practice, as their Teacher of the Year, and PY3 students, who study at the UM Medical Center, chose Laurie Warrington, clinical assistant professor of pharmacy practice, to receive their Clinical Sciences Teacher of the Year award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist