Vision adds Florida flight at Tunica Municipal
Published: June 5,2011
TUNICA — Atlanta-based Vision Airlines has launched nonstop service between Tunica Municipal Airport and Northwest Florida International Airport in Destin-Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
Tunica officials told The Commercial Appeal that they hope the lure of a low-cost vacation travel option will generate increased business at area casinos and tourist attractions from people passing through.
“This new partnership will open Tunica to a whole new audience,” added Cliff Nash, executive director of the airport.
Vision announced last month that it was expanding its network to offer connecting flights through its hub in Destin-Ft. Walton Beach. In addition to direct service to Destin, passengers boarding in Tunica can now book travel to Baton Rouge, La., and Las Vegas.
The airline will offer five flights a week between Tunica and Destin aboard a 32-passenger Dornier 328 turbo-prop.
The new routes by Vision will bolster traffic that has grown steadily at the Tunica airport, built in 2003 largely to serve the area’s casino industry. By 2009, the airport had received 67,000 passengers.
A $781,524 Federal Aviation Administration grant last summer financed a 10,500-square-foot building that airport operators termed a short-term project to bridge the gap until a larger terminal is erected.
Source: The Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vision adds Florida flight at Tunica Municipal”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders