Vision adds Florida flight at Tunica Municipal
by Associated Press
Published: June 5,2011
TUNICA — Atlanta-based Vision Airlines has launched nonstop service between Tunica Municipal Airport and Northwest Florida International Airport in Destin-Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
Tunica officials told The Commercial Appeal that they hope the lure of a low-cost vacation travel option will generate increased business at area casinos and tourist attractions from people passing through.
“This new partnership will open Tunica to a whole new audience,” added Cliff Nash, executive director of the airport.
Vision announced last month that it was expanding its network to offer connecting flights through its hub in Destin-Ft. Walton Beach. In addition to direct service to Destin, passengers boarding in Tunica can now book travel to Baton Rouge, La., and Las Vegas.
The airline will offer five flights a week between Tunica and Destin aboard a 32-passenger Dornier 328 turbo-prop.
The new routes by Vision will bolster traffic that has grown steadily at the Tunica airport, built in 2003 largely to serve the area’s casino industry. By 2009, the airport had received 67,000 passengers.
A $781,524 Federal Aviation Administration grant last summer financed a 10,500-square-foot building that airport operators termed a short-term project to bridge the gap until a larger terminal is erected.
Source: The Commercial Appeal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Vision adds Florida flight at Tunica Municipal”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability