Fitch revises Whitney’s ratings after Hancock merger
by For the MBJ
Published: June 7,2011
GULFPORT — With the closing of Hancock Holding Company’s (HBHC’s) purchase of Whitney Holding Corp (WTNY) June 4, Fitch Ratings has revised the “Rating Watch” on Whitney Bank (previously Whitney National Bank) to “positive” from “evolving.”
Concurrent with this action, Fitch has withdrawn the ratings of Whitney Holding Corporation following the closing of the transaction and the retirement of WTNY’s $300 million of preferred shares issued to the U.S. Treasury as the entity will no longer exist.
Fitch wrote: “In revising the ‘Rating Watch’ to ‘positive’ from ‘evolving,’ it is Fitch’s opinion that the combined entity would result in long- and short-term IDR ratings that are no lower than Whitney Bank’s current IDRs of ‘BBB/F2′ and could be as high as ‘A-/F1′. Fitch will update its ratings for Whitney Bank and the combined entity following a comprehensive review of HBHC.”
Source: Fitch Ratings
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast