Fitch revises Whitney’s ratings after Hancock merger
by For the MBJ
Published: June 7,2011
GULFPORT — With the closing of Hancock Holding Company’s (HBHC’s) purchase of Whitney Holding Corp (WTNY) June 4, Fitch Ratings has revised the “Rating Watch” on Whitney Bank (previously Whitney National Bank) to “positive” from “evolving.”
Concurrent with this action, Fitch has withdrawn the ratings of Whitney Holding Corporation following the closing of the transaction and the retirement of WTNY’s $300 million of preferred shares issued to the U.S. Treasury as the entity will no longer exist.
Fitch wrote: “In revising the ‘Rating Watch’ to ‘positive’ from ‘evolving,’ it is Fitch’s opinion that the combined entity would result in long- and short-term IDR ratings that are no lower than Whitney Bank’s current IDRs of ‘BBB/F2′ and could be as high as ‘A-/F1′. Fitch will update its ratings for Whitney Bank and the combined entity following a comprehensive review of HBHC.”
Source: Fitch Ratings
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders