NVision wins ERDC contract to survey Great Lakes
by For the MBJ
Published: June 7,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg to provide aerial-data collection services for the entire Great Lakes Region coastline to help with flood plain management.
Terms were not disclosed.
NVision will provide seamless, high-resolution oblique color images along approximately 6,000 miles of the coastline of all five Great Lakes within the U.S. The flights will test the new ERDC system and support other U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (USACE) activities.
NVision has partnered with Aerotec, LLC, to use Aerotec’s specialized Partenavia P68C fixed-wing aircraft and FAA-certified flight operations team.
Aerotec is based in Bessemer, Ala., with offices in Picayune.
The data collection, which will require weeks of flight-time with nightly transfer of data for quality control, will be used with various Google technologies for documentation and can be used for rapid response for any type of event.
Both NVision and Aerotec are active members of the EIGS geospatial technology cluster of the Magnolia Business Alliance.
Source: Magnolia Business Alliance
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement