NVision wins ERDC contract to survey Great Lakes
by For the MBJ
Published: June 7,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg to provide aerial-data collection services for the entire Great Lakes Region coastline to help with flood plain management.
Terms were not disclosed.
NVision will provide seamless, high-resolution oblique color images along approximately 6,000 miles of the coastline of all five Great Lakes within the U.S. The flights will test the new ERDC system and support other U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (USACE) activities.
NVision has partnered with Aerotec, LLC, to use Aerotec’s specialized Partenavia P68C fixed-wing aircraft and FAA-certified flight operations team.
Aerotec is based in Bessemer, Ala., with offices in Picayune.
The data collection, which will require weeks of flight-time with nightly transfer of data for quality control, will be used with various Google technologies for documentation and can be used for rapid response for any type of event.
Both NVision and Aerotec are active members of the EIGS geospatial technology cluster of the Magnolia Business Alliance.
Source: Magnolia Business Alliance
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month