Beach closed due to sewage spill reopened
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted the water contact closure that was issued May 31 for a section of beach in Gulfport.
MDEQ sampling indicates bacteria levels are acceptable for water contact.
The section extended from 41st Avenue near the West Side Pier east to 33rd Avenue near the Island View Casino.
The closure was issued due to a sewage spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind