Beach closed due to sewage spill reopened
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted the water contact closure that was issued May 31 for a section of beach in Gulfport.
MDEQ sampling indicates bacteria levels are acceptable for water contact.
The section extended from 41st Avenue near the West Side Pier east to 33rd Avenue near the Island View Casino.
The closure was issued due to a sewage spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015