Beach closed due to sewage spill reopened
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted the water contact closure that was issued May 31 for a section of beach in Gulfport.
MDEQ sampling indicates bacteria levels are acceptable for water contact.
The section extended from 41st Avenue near the West Side Pier east to 33rd Avenue near the Island View Casino.
The closure was issued due to a sewage spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions