Beach closed due to sewage spill reopened
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted the water contact closure that was issued May 31 for a section of beach in Gulfport.
MDEQ sampling indicates bacteria levels are acceptable for water contact.
The section extended from 41st Avenue near the West Side Pier east to 33rd Avenue near the Island View Casino.
The closure was issued due to a sewage spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case