Beach closed due to sewage spill reopened
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has lifted the water contact closure that was issued May 31 for a section of beach in Gulfport.
MDEQ sampling indicates bacteria levels are acceptable for water contact.
The section extended from 41st Avenue near the West Side Pier east to 33rd Avenue near the Island View Casino.
The closure was issued due to a sewage spill.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center