KiOR signs another agreement with Catchlight
by For the MBJ
Published: June 9,2011
COLUMBUS — KiOR Inc., a renewable fuels company, and Catchlight Energy, LLC, a 50-50 joint venture between subsidiaries of Chevron Corporation and Weyerhaeuser Company focused on providing liquid transportation fuels from sustainable forest-based resources, have signed a feedstock supply agreement.
Terms were not disclosed.
Under the agreement, Catchlight Energy will supply forestry-based feedstocks required by KiOR’s first commercial renewable fuel production facility in Columbus.
“Securing a feedstock supply agreement for our first commercial facility in Columbus, Miss., is an important milestone,” said Fred Cannon, KiOR’s president and CEO. “We are pleased with the progress in securing contracts for the facility’s feedstock supply and for the offtake of the facility’s output of renewable fuel blendstocks.”
This announcement follows the fuel offtake agreement signed between the two parties in April, in which Catchlight Energy agreed, subject to satisfaction of product specification criteria and RIN certification of the products as cellulosic biofuels under the U.S. Renewable Fuel Standard, to purchase gasoline and diesel fuel blendstocks from KiOR’s Columbus facility. The companies have also signed a testing and optimization agreement to optimize the compatibility of KiOR’s blendstocks with Chevron’s facilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “KiOR signs another agreement with Catchlight”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)