Hewes adds Plunkett
State Sen. Billy Hewes announced the addition of former congressional staffer Keith Plunkett as the newest member of his campaign staff for lieutenant governor of Mississippi. Plunkett began June 1 as communications director for the Hewes Campaign and as the campaign’s representative for Madison County.
Plunkett has worked as a member of Rep. Gregg Harper’s (R-Miss.) staff since 2008, handling the responsibilities of district communications and constituent services. A member of the Madison County GOP Executive Committee since 2006, he played a key role in organizing the base of support and grass roots effort in Madison and surrounding counties during Harper’s run for Congress in 2007.
Plunkett joins two former congressional staffers already with the Hewes campaign. Morgan Shands is campaign director and a former Southern Region representative for Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Colby Parker previously worked for Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) in his successful bid for Congress in 2010 in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)