Hewes adds Plunkett
State Sen. Billy Hewes announced the addition of former congressional staffer Keith Plunkett as the newest member of his campaign staff for lieutenant governor of Mississippi. Plunkett began June 1 as communications director for the Hewes Campaign and as the campaign’s representative for Madison County.
Plunkett has worked as a member of Rep. Gregg Harper’s (R-Miss.) staff since 2008, handling the responsibilities of district communications and constituent services. A member of the Madison County GOP Executive Committee since 2006, he played a key role in organizing the base of support and grass roots effort in Madison and surrounding counties during Harper’s run for Congress in 2007.
Plunkett joins two former congressional staffers already with the Hewes campaign. Morgan Shands is campaign director and a former Southern Region representative for Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Colby Parker previously worked for Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) in his successful bid for Congress in 2010 in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues