Hewes adds Plunkett
State Sen. Billy Hewes announced the addition of former congressional staffer Keith Plunkett as the newest member of his campaign staff for lieutenant governor of Mississippi. Plunkett began June 1 as communications director for the Hewes Campaign and as the campaign’s representative for Madison County.
Plunkett has worked as a member of Rep. Gregg Harper’s (R-Miss.) staff since 2008, handling the responsibilities of district communications and constituent services. A member of the Madison County GOP Executive Committee since 2006, he played a key role in organizing the base of support and grass roots effort in Madison and surrounding counties during Harper’s run for Congress in 2007.
Plunkett joins two former congressional staffers already with the Hewes campaign. Morgan Shands is campaign director and a former Southern Region representative for Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Colby Parker previously worked for Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) in his successful bid for Congress in 2010 in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month