Hewes adds Plunkett
State Sen. Billy Hewes announced the addition of former congressional staffer Keith Plunkett as the newest member of his campaign staff for lieutenant governor of Mississippi. Plunkett began June 1 as communications director for the Hewes Campaign and as the campaign’s representative for Madison County.
Plunkett has worked as a member of Rep. Gregg Harper’s (R-Miss.) staff since 2008, handling the responsibilities of district communications and constituent services. A member of the Madison County GOP Executive Committee since 2006, he played a key role in organizing the base of support and grass roots effort in Madison and surrounding counties during Harper’s run for Congress in 2007.
Plunkett joins two former congressional staffers already with the Hewes campaign. Morgan Shands is campaign director and a former Southern Region representative for Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), and Colby Parker previously worked for Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) in his successful bid for Congress in 2010 in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.