MEC elects officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 12,2011
Tommy Dulaney, president and CEO of Structural Steel Services Inc., has been elected as the 2011-2012 Mississippi Economic Council chair.
Jerry Host, president and CEO of Trustmark, was elected to serve as the 2012-13 MEC chair.
Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi, was chosen as the 2013-14 MEC chair.
Carl Chaney, president and CEO of Hancock Holding Company, will serve a second term as treasurer.
Dulaney founded Meridian-based Structural Steel Service, a steel fabricator with approximately 350 employees, in 1975.Dulaney serves on the board of directors for Meridian Community College, Meridian Community College Foundation, The Riley Foundation, Mississippi State University Foundation, Meridian Little Theatre, Hope Village for Children, Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Center, Aldersgate Retirement Center, Trustmark Advisory Board-Meridian, Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and East Mississippi Business Development Corporation.
Host, who was MEC’s treasurer from 2008-2010, joined Trustmark in 1984 and has served as president and COO, executive vice president and CFO and chairman of the board of Trustmark Financial Services Inc. He is a member of the board of directors of the New Orleans Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and serves on the steering committee for Blueprint Mississippi.
Fisackerly joined Entergy in 1995. Prior to his current role, he spent one year at Entergy Nuclear as the vice president of governmental and regulatory affairs. From 2002 to 2007, he served as Entergy Mississippi’s vice president of customer operations. Before joining Entergy, Fisackerly served for several years on the staff of Sen. Thad Cochran, where he managed Cochran’s Washington office.
Chaney was first elected as MEC’s treasurer in 2010. He is president and CEO of Hancock Holding Company, Hancock Bank (Mississippi), Hancock Bank of Louisiana and Hancock Bank of Alabama. He is a member of the Blueprint Mississippi Steering Committee. Chaney is chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association board of directors. He is also a member of the American Bankers Association and the Florida and Louisiana Bankers Associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts