Welch named Fellow
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 12,2011
W. Scott Welch of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has been named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA). Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels and superior ethical reputation.
A shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office, Welch concentrates his practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on business tort and other complex commercial cases, transportation, product liability, personal injury and insurance litigation. Welch has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, product liability litigation and transportation litigation; by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers; and by Mid-South Super Lawyers, where he was listed among the top 50 attorneys in Mississippi. In 2011, Welch was named the Best Lawyers’ Jackson, Miss., Personal Injury Litigator of the Year. Welch has also been named a Lawdragon 500 leading lawyer since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county